WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW MEMBER APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2014-2015 LEAGUE YEAR.
Membership in The Junior League of Little Rock is open to women of all races, religions, and national origins who share in our commitment to volunteerism and to improving our community.
Click here for the 2014-2015 New Member Packet.
Criteria for Membership
A prospective new member shall have attained her twenty-third birthday during
the calendar year in which she is proposed for membership.
- A prospective member shall have demonstrated an interest in volunteerism and a commitment to community service.
- A prospective member shall be eligible for membership if at the time of her proposal she is a physical resident of the admission area of the JLLR (Little Rock, Cammack Village, Scott, Maumelle and any city, town or area in Pulaski County that does not have a Junior League).
- A completed Membership Packet and $50 Application Fee, payable to JLLR. (This fee is applied towards the total New Member Course Fee but is non-refundable, if the Prospective member chooses not to continue the New Member course.) The Membership Packet and Application Fee must be submitted together. The completed Membership Packet and $50 Application Fee must be received no later than Date: June 30, 2014 at 2:30pm and should be turned in or mailed to the JLLR Headquarters. See below for more information.
Key Dates for the 2014-2015 Junior League of Little Rock New Member Class
- Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 6:30p; Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 11:00a; Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 6:30p OPEN HOUSE EVENTS at the Junior League Headquarters. Mentors can attend with the Prospective Member but it is not required.
- June 30, 2014
Membership Packet and $50 Application fee due by 2:30pm. No exceptions will be made and only completed Membership Packets will be accepted. These should be submitted by 2:30 pm at the JLLR Office. Absolutely no packets will be accepted after this time.
- July 15, 2014
New Member Acceptance Party
- Friday Evening, August 15, and Saturday, August 16
This is a mandatory function. No exceptions will be made. If the new member can not attend, they must holdover to the next year.
Interested women are encouraged to obtain additional information from the Junior League office by calling 501-375-5557 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training for effective community leadership, including advocacy, community research, fundraising, finance, leadership, public relations, and personal development
- Working with other women to create positive community change
- Insight into community needs and strategies for solutions
- Access to community leaders, new friends, and creative ideas
- Exposure to creative strategies in problem solving and administration of a non-profit
- Ability to transfer membership to other Junior Leagues in the event the member moves away from Little Rock