Membership in The Junior League of Little Rock is open to women of all races, religions, and national origins who share in our commitment to volunteerism and to improving our community.
Criteria for Provisional Membership
A prospective member shall have attained her twenty-third birthday during
the calendar year in which she is proposed for membership.
- A prospective member shall have demonstrated an interest in volunteerism and a commitment to community service.
- A prospective member shall be eligible for membership if at the time of her proposal she is a physical resident of the admission area of the JLLR as determined by the Board of
Directors (Little Rock, Cammack Village, Scott, Maumelle and any city, town or area in Pulaski County that does not have a Junior League).
- A completed Membership Packet and $50 Application Fee, payable to JLLR. (This fee is applied towards the total Provisional Course Fee but is non-refundable, if the Prospective member chooses not to continue the Provisional course.) The Membership Packet and Application Fee must be submitted together. The completed Membership Packet and $50 Application Fee must be received no later than April 12, 2013 at 2:30pm and should be turned in or mailed to the JLLR Headquarters. See below for more information.
Key Dates for the 2013-2014 Junior League of Little Rock Provisional Class
- March 5, 2013
Prospective Member Orientation at the Junior League Headquarters, 6:30pm. Sponsor can attend with the Prospective Member but it is not required.
- April 12, 2013
Membership Packet and $50 Application fee due by 2:30pm. No exceptions will be made and only completed Membership Packets will be accepted. These should be submitted by 2:30 pm at the JLLR Office. Absolutely no packets will be accepted after this time.
- May 14, 2013
Provisional Member Acceptance Party from 6:30 - 8:00pm at the JLLR Headquarters. This is the first required function for the Provisional Course. It will count as an absence if the Provisional Member does not attend. Main Sponsor is encouraged to attend, and all sponsors are welcome. Pictures will be taken for the yearbook.
- August 17, 2013
Provisional Course Retreat at the Junior League Headquarters. This begins at 8:00am on Saturday morning and should adjourn at 3:00pm. This is a mandatory function. No exceptions will be made. If the Provisional member can not attend, they must holdover to the next year.
Interested women are encouraged to obtain additional information from the Junior League office by calling 501-375-5557 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training for effective community leadership, including advocacy, community research, fundraising, finance, leadership, public relations, and personal development
- Working with other women to create positive community change
- Insight into community needs and strategies for solutions
- Access to community leaders, new friends, and creative ideas
- Exposure to creative strategies in problem solving and administration of a non-profit
- Ability to transfer membership to other Junior Leagues in the event the member moves away from Little Rock